WHO ARE WE?EmiAfrican is an interdisciplinary team of highly skilled professionals focusing on climate change issues and adaptation. We work hand in hand with governments, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), the private sector and communities to achieve sustainable development management, by sharing knowledge, building capacities and facilitating equitable development.
OUR MISSION:EmiAfrican strives to successfully assist people, organisations, systems and processes in DRC to achieve social and economic best practice. EmiAfrican endeavours to work closely with local entities to positively contribute to the protection of the rich natural and human resources and the empowerment of communities in Africa. EmiAfrican’s experience and lessons learned from community-based natural resources management (CBNRM), sustainable livelihoods creation, and information sharing can complement and boost local capability to pursue these objectives.
OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH PLANETARY EMISSIONS MANAGEMENT INC:We have partnered with Planetary Emissions Management Inc., Cambridge, MA, US, (www.pemforest.com) to develop new and unique forest sustainability programs in the DRC. Our work with PEM Inc. will focus on reforestation and agroforestry. The PEM Inc. forest model is distinct from traditional models in that landowners have options to receive payment upfront and on an annual basis in exchange for adhering to a forest management plan that is developed between all parties. PEM Inc. makes actual measurements across the forest project and determines the net forest carbon over a period of a year that is sequestered.
CORE SERVICES:We offer a variety of services including:
- Climate change impact and adaptations
- Agroforestry testing and applications
- Green Houses Gas inventories and projections
- Carbon capture and storage
- Forest and carbon sequestration assessment
- Deforestation and forest degradation assessment
- Baseline assessments of diverse terrestrial ecosystems
- Compilation of climate national strategies and action plans
- Implementation of national forest monitoring systems
- Land use restoration
- Energy saving plans
- Research and scientific publication